Image Map

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Holly Bloggy Christmas Plus More Bear Unit Pics

I'm so excited to have just gotten my secret Santa assignment for the 2nd annual Holly Bloggy Christmas!  I have never done any sort of bloggy exchange so this is kind of a big deal for me! lol  This years theme is "Favorite Things" like Oprah's favorite things show.  I am going to have to get creative--the price limit is $15!

If you want to participate in this super fun gift exchange, go to Ms. Preppy's blog to see exactly how it works and to sign up!  It's super easy.

Here are some more pictures of my kiddos having fun learning about bears.  Today we read a nonfiction bear book and completed a graphic organizer about the life cycle of a bear.  Tomorrow is Teddy Bear Picnic/ PJ day! Yay! I am so pumped that I get to wear comfies to school.  It's definitely going to be one of those days when the 5th and 6th grade teachers give me a look like "What the.....are you wearing crazy kindergarten lady?".  "Oh, who me?  Just my doughnut and cupcake printed flannel PJ set from Victoria's secret with coordinating slippers. No Big Deal."  OH well!  The looks have happened before on many occasions...Dr. Seuss Day...Halloween....ETC!

Anyway, here are the pictures of the day!

Students drew bear habitats as their check-in activity this morning.

Okieee dokie...this lovely Bear life cycle visual made by moi is definitely not making it to Pinterest...lol. In my defense, I did it quickly in front of the class.

Student life cycle drawings

Another bear life cycle.


We also read two versions of Goldilocks and the Three Bears  and sequenced them using these cards that I borrowed from a co-worker and my sticker board (it came with my math curriculum).  I think I've seen these cards online, perhaps at DLTK Teach or something.  I will figure it out so I can give fair credit.  If you know, please let me know!

We sung this three bears song to the tune of Three Blind Mice.  I also need to find the source of this-I found it a million zillion years ago on a website.

A poem about bears that we added to our poetry notebooks.


Well, that's all she wrote for tonight! I'm going to get my comfy PJs lined up for tomorrow! Yippee skippy!  Happpppy FRIDAY!!!!!!! whoop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment