Image Map

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gobble, Gobble! Thanksgiving Literacy Center Ideas and Freebie!

Gobble, Gobble!  A little birdie told me that Thanksgiving is right around the corner!  Every year on the day before Thanksgiving break, I invite parent volunteers in for some Turkey Centers.  It's not really a party, but we do some turkey/Thanksgiving themed crafts and games during our usual centers (or this year, Daily 5) time.


I always like to have one or two of the stations be a little more low key and simple so I'm not prepping a million things the week  night before!  So, this year I made a a sight word game called Gobble, Gobble, which is basically a glorified version of BOOM!  My students love playing BOOM and we haven't played it much yet this year, so I think they will be really into this.  It has easy instruction sheets for both parent volunteers and kids to follow so you won't be stuck explaining every thing to parents at the last minute (don't you hate that??).  You can pick up my brand new Gobble, Gobble game at my TpT store.  It's on sale for only a dollar today ! Click the picture below to go check it out.



Another Turkey Center that I love to do every year is to have students dictate to me a recipe for cooking the Thanksgiving Turkey.  These always turn out SO cute and are a favorite to add to student portfolios. Click below to grab a template for this fun writing activity.since you can easily have the children write their own words, instead of dictating them!  Click the picture link below to go pick it up on Google Drive/Google Docs.
Please leave some comment love if you took advantage of this freebie. Thanks!

I will post more turkey ideas as I gather them up!  Hope you all have a restful Sunday and a great start to your week!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot! I love the recipe idea. I remember my daughter writing one and I thought it was adorable, as I know my kiddos parents will as well.

    ReplyDelete