Image Map

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Kindergarten Sensory Play for Halloween

So, HI!!! This is my first blog post in SIX long years! Quite a lot has changed for me in that time. I’ve had two beautiful baby girls and moved houses and schools!

My kiddos are 3.5 years and 3 months old. My 3 year old has been absolutely loving sensory play, so while I’ve been home on maternity leave, I’ve been trying to come up with fun sensory tubs for her. I made our witch’s brew sensory bin into a TPT product. It has super fun recipes for spooky potions and creepy, crawly mixtures. My kiddo loves counting out each ingredient needed for the potion and mixing it all up in a cauldron I purchased from Dollar Tree the other day. In fact, mostly everything pictured in our sensory tub is from Dollar Tree!

The download from TPT also includes colorful graphics for each item mentioned on the recipe cards in case you don’t want to run out to Dollar Tree or Target.

We dyed the pasta with food coloring and vinegar for most of the colors and actually  used paint for the black.

By far the best part of this activity is that children are so engaged that they view it as play. It is play of course, but it has the opportunity to mix in a ton of learning!

Check out this download on TPT by clicking here.




3 comments:

  1. Great article. I like your theme.Thanks for sharing this informative content with us .what i m looking earlier keep up the good work it. by
    digitizing for embroidery machines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such a cute work i wish if you could be a try to Digitizing for them.

    ReplyDelete