Image Map

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

99 Cent Sale!!!!! Plus Planting Fun

Happy Hump Day!

To celebrate that we are almost to Friday, EVERYTHING in my TpT store is only 99 cents for the next 24 hours. Now is your time to stock up on any of my products, including my brand new Springtime Weather Unit and Write the Room pack!  On your mark, get set, shop!


I also wanted to share some pictures of what we've been up to in my classroom this past week....lots of planting fun!  Most of these ideas are from other co-workers and teaching websites, so I am by no means claiming to be the originator:)

Garden in a Glove
My dear fiance came in to help run this center!  I love the project, but it can be time consuming and pretty putzy so I was happy to have help.  Students dip a cotton ball in water, put a seed on the cotton ball and slide it into a finger of the glove.  We planted a different seed in each finger: tomato, green bean, pea, corn annnnd ??? I guess I forgot! Ooops!


Grass seed hair with wacky faces!  We recorded the growth of our grass with a plant log.

  











 We ate all of the different plant parts--flower, leaves, stems and roots (broccoli, lettuce, celery, carrot).

That's all for now!  Don't forget about my sale..have a great rest of your week:)

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen planting in glove- very neat idea! We have planted beans in a baggie, but I like the idea of different seeds in the glove!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete