I just went into school for the first time all summer! This has been my first summer not teaching summer school and it definitely was strange being away for so long...however moving, getting married, going on my honeymoon and visiting family filled in the time and summer has flown by!
I am SO excited that my Promethean board got delivered finally! I was the only teacher in the whole dang school without one last year. Now it just needs to be installed...which of course won't happen until the Friday before school starts!
I was also excited/anxious/panicked to see that boxes upon boxes of our brand new reading curriculum have been stacked up in my already hot MESS of a room. We switching to the Houghton Mifflin Journeys curriculum. We previously had Harcourt but mine had been used by at least three teachers before me and was a hodge podge that I never could fully make sense of, so last year I did a lot of improvising.
My questions are:
1. Do you currently use Journeys curriculum for kindergarten?
2. If so, how do you like it--pros/cons/things to be aware of
3. Have you created SMART or Promethean lessons or activities for it?
4. Do you know of any great TpT or blog resources for Journeys?
5. Has anyone adapted it for use with the Daily 5 format?
6. Do you have any tips for differentiating with it--especially for gifted kiddos?