Image Map

Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Funday!

What did we do in our lovely classroom today? Glad you asked!
Morning Meeting
Here is a pic of my morning message (taken in the afternoon so a little worse for wear from the school day). We began learning about penguins today and the kids are sooo excited. They already knew quite a few penguin facts!
(The message had student names on it, so that's what's blocked out).
Reading
Reading is really beginning to click for most of my kiddos. Today we started practicing consonant blends by using some letter blocks to build words in our reading groups. We "stretched" each word out to really hear the sounds, built the words with cubes, and wrote them on kindergarten printing paper. My higher groups practice changing sounds and adding s to the end.


Penguin Theme
We made this chart after reading the story Antarctica by Joy Cowley. We will the penguin project I showed in a previous post tomorrow and read some more great penguin books!
Update: Here are the penguins we made! :) I love them SO much and have done this project every year, including student teaching! These chubby, funny penguins cheer me up on the most stressful of days!
We are also working on teen numbers in math and the Wood and Paper Foss Kit in Science (can't wait to be done with that puppy!).

OH YES....REMEMBER MY GIVEAWAY! EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO PARTICIPATES WINS THE PRIZE!!!
Don't forget to pin something you like from my blog or mention my giveaway on your blog Leave me comment with your email on my last post to receive my entire alphabet set of rainbow writing sheets.

Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. Love how the students are blending the sounds together and even changing sounds and adding s!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete